Tuesday, January 20, 2009

So it begins

I begin this blog one day after we honor a hero who inspired millions with his speech, "I Have a Dream".  I begin this blog on the very same day that a man who has been an inspiration to millions of Americans, becomes the 44th President of the United States.  I begin this blog today because I have been inspired.  My inspiration came not from one as famous Dr. King or President-elect Obama, but from an average man from Kansas.  

I received an e-mail from my pastor last week inviting me to read his blog.  It was filled with his usual wit and humor, some interesting points, and some Biblical insight.  Shortly after reading his post, it became clear to me that I too have so much to say and so few who are willing to listen.  Therefore the only logical conclusion was to put my thoughts out there in the vast wasteland known as the Internet(Thanks Al Gore!), for all who have nothing better to do to read.

I will try to my best to make a post every few days, and there will likely be no common thread continuing through any of them.  I plan on touching on a broad range of topics like my thoughts on TV shows like "24" and "Lost", the Royals (by the way, why in the world did the just extend Jimmy Gobble's contract?  I thought we were trying to get better!), politics, and occasionally I might get deep and go theological.  I hope you enjoy what lies a head, because I guarantee I am.  I had better end this now because I don't believe I am a professional blogger quite yet, and I am now getting paid to sit here and type.  

I'm out

No comments:

Post a Comment